Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Administration Of Arrogance

Attorney General Eric Holder described the United States Wednesday as a nation of cowards on matters of race, saying most Americans avoid discussing awkward racial issues.

I think most Americans are sick of talking about race and sick of having it thrust in their face every time it is advantageous to some idiot like Al Sharpton to do so.

Slavery was over by the time my ancestors arrived here, so we had nothing to do with it. They had their own troubles visited on them by the British, yet I don't hold any animosity toward English people for something that happened over 100 years ago.

In a land of supposed freedom, I am sick to death of being told I need to watch how I word things. In a land of supposed equality, I am tired of hearing about special rewards for certain groups. The whole racial issue is old, tired and self defeating.

We'll soon see what kind of stuff Mr. Holder is made of, but until then he should keep his mouth shut and do his job. He serves the people, not the other way around.

No comments: