Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Day Everything Changes

The governor of New York, Eliot Spitzer aka "Mr. Clean," has been caught paying for a high-priced call girl. At a news conference he apologized to his family and the people of New York.

"For the past nine years, eight years as attorney general, and one as governor, I have tried to uphold a vision of progressive politics that would rebuild New York and create opportunity for all. We sought to bring real change to New York and that will continue.

Today I want to briefly address a private matter. I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my, or any, sense of right and wrong. I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public, whom I promised better.

I do not believe that politics in the long run is about individuals. It is about ideas, the public good, and doing what is best for the state of New York. But I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family.

I will not be taking questions. Thank you very much. I will report back to you in short order. Thank you very much."

Displaying his usual arrogance, he ignored questions about whether he would resign. Note that he thinks this is a private matter, even though he has broken the law. What else would you expect from a man who wanted illegal aliens to get legitimate drivers licenses?

What is truly sad is this man is the father of three teen daughters. Way to go, dad!

No comments: