Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Rubber Tapper Up a Tree

Strange news abounds today!

NEW DELHI -- An Indian who became a man to marry a female relative was dumped after the surgery, a newspaper reported on Monday.

Twenty-nine-year-old rubber tapper Kuttiyamma, born with both male and female genitals, had been in love with the relative, Laura, 25, for 15 years before having surgery to become a man and change her name to Binu, the Hindustan Times reported.

But Laura became engaged to another man and Binu is suing her for breach of trust after spending 50,000 rupees ($1,150) on the sex change in southern Kerala state.

"She had agreed to marry me after the surgery," the paper quoted Binu saying in the petition. "I took loans to pay the hospital bills."

Laura's fiance has since backed out of the wedding after hearing of Binu. The paper did not say how Laura and Kuttiyamma/Binu are related.


3 comments:

Stacy said...

Okay Bob, there you go again. Weird, obscure stuff, but it's nice to know that I can learn it here first. Speechless, yes, speechless.

Jody said...

I don't think any constitutional admendment could be passed to "save" this marriage...see my blog, I had to post this one...

BobG said...

Stacy,

I thought of you when I posted this because of your comment the day before. I doubt I shall be able to top this going forward but it gave me a laugh to think of you reading this.