Friday, June 16, 2006

Dead Man Walking


I wonder how it feels to be the new "al-Qaida in Iraq" leader. Abu Ayyub al-Masri, an Egyptian explosives expert seems to have acquired that dubious distinction. He has been identified on a militant website by the nom de guerre Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, and has vowed to avenge the death of Zarqawi. More likely, he has just signed his own death warrant.

No matter, he has been a terrorist since 1982, since his involvement in the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, which was then led by Osama bin Laden's minion Ayman al-Zawahri. He also spent time training with terrorists in Afghanistan starting in 1999. In late 2001, al-Masri began to work with al-Zarqawi in Falluja.

So with a terrorist rap sheet this long, the sooner we send him the bad end of a hellfire missile, the better. If I were al-Masri I wouldn't be making any long term purchases while I got my affairs in order.

Hat tip CNN.

No comments: