Friday, October 02, 2009

Not the Letterman Barack Knew?

David Letterman acknowledged on his show Thursday night that he'd had sexual relations with members of his staff and that he revealed those liaisons during grand jury testimony for a case involving an attempted extortion.

Amazingly, Letterman who found humor in comparing Obamacare protestors to the Taliban and thought the raping of Sarah Palin's daughter at Yankee Stadium was an amusing topic, found little to laugh about in his own self created sordid situation.

"My response to that is, yes I have. I have had sex with women who work on this show," he said. "Would it be embarrassing if it were made public? Perhaps it would, especially for the women."

"I feel like I need to protect these people -- I need to certainly protect my family," Letterman said. "I need to protect myself ... hope to protect my job."

"It's been a very bizarre experience," Letterman said in closing. "I don't plan to say much more about this."

Gee, David, I think there's some really great comedy material here. Put those writers to work on it. They can weave your recent marriage into the mix.

Remember, this is the show our president recently chose to make an appearance on. Subjecting the presidency to rubbing elbows with this kind of trash is inexcusable and unforgivable.

No comments: