Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Clinton Trys to Clutch Pope's Coattails

Is there no end to Clinton's chutzpah?

En route to Rome, Clinton told reporters the pope “centralized authority in the papacy again and enforced a very conservative theological doctrine. There will be debates about that. The number of Catholics increased by 250 million on his watch. But the numbers of priests didn't. He's like all of us - he may have a mixed legacy.”

Clinton was also asked about his first flight aboard Air Force One since the end of his presidency: “I never thought I'd be on this plane again - I had a good time. They have turkey burgers too, which they didn't have when I was here. If they'd been serving me turkey burgers, I might not have heart surgery.”


He's like all of us? Who the hell is us, Bill? Did the pope have cigar sex in the Sistene Chapel? You blasphemous piece of garbage. Here it is, Clinton thinks he's on par with the pope. How totally deluded is this guy?

And then he ends by not accepting blame for his dietary preferences, oh no, it's Air Force One's fault for not stuffing turkey burgers down his lying throat.

Clinton, you are truly a morally reprehensible human being. I'm surprised Mother Teresa didn't punch you in the mouth.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm reading Because He Could by Dick Morris and am learning things about Clinton that are very interesting. I'm only about 25% into the book and to this point it has been nothing but Clinton blaming everyone else for everything. That he stragically set up individuals to take his falls. Yes, his heart trouble, not his fault.

BobG said...

It sounds like I need to read this book because it seems to me that Clinton is pathological about refusing to see himself as he really is, and who can blame him.
He really wants to have this great legacy that he now admits may be mixed but that's ok because even this beloved pope has detractors. What Bill doesn't grasp is that his own bequest is one of selfishness, abuse, greed and infidelity.