Monday, May 16, 2005

All The Washing In The World Won't Clean The Hands Of Isikoff

Michael Isikoff discussing Matt Drudge and the reporting on Monica Lewinsky's stained dress. Had he only applied these standards to his koran desecration story, how many people would still be alive or uninjured?
He knew what he was doing, like others, he has a different sets of standards for different news.


NBC's TODAY show
[Roll Tape // January 22, 1998, Thursday 7:39 AM ET]

MATT LAUER: After having looked into this story for so long, I'd like your comment or your reaction to something Matt Drudge just said about a possible DNA trail in this case, that -- that Monica Lewinsky has bragged to friends that she has a piece of clothing that might contain dried semen from President Clinton. Have you heard anything--do you have any confirmation that it might be true?

Mr. ISIKOFF: Matt, look, there's lots of things I have heard about this and other things. I--I...

LAUER: Have you heard that, though?

Mr. ISIKOFF: I have not reported that, and I'm not going to report that until I have evidence that it is, in fact, true.

LAUER: You're not telling me whether you've ever heard it?

Mr. ISIKOFF: I've heard lots of wild things, as I'm sure you have. But you don't go on the air and blab them and talk about them unless you know you have some confidence that it's true.
Info From
FreeRepublic.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

ROTFL!!

loboinok said...

Good find over at freerepublic. You should join my ACLU ping list over there! I'm Jay777, just like all over the place!

BobG said...

Jay, you are all over the place. It's almost scary!