Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Stop Stalling, Senator

It looks very much like we have another senator caught with his pants down. This time it's Larry Craig of Idaho apprehended for disorderly conduct in an airport men's room. From lingering outside a stall to signaling from inside a stall, the senator certainly behaved strangely. The implication is that he was looking to engage in lewd behavior, but now, of course, he is declaring his innocence.

"At the time of this incident, I complained to the police that they were misconstruing my actions. I was not involved in any inappropriate conduct," he said. "I should have had the advice of counsel in resolving this matter. In hindsight, I should not have pled guilty. I was trying to handle this matter myself quickly and expeditiously."

If the senator is too stupid to know what a guilty plea is and what his rights are, then what is he doing in the US Senate?

As I have often said, we need to clean house thoroughly on both sides, Republican and Democrat. We must send folks to Washington to represent us who understand and value the the trust we have placed in them. What we have now is a bunch of sleaze ball opportunists who believe themselves smarter and more important than the rest of us. This, again, is evidence that they are definitely not smarter.

No comments: