Friday, May 13, 2005

Multicultural Academic Racism

We shouldn't be amazed that this is taking place, especially in the great northwest. Try to follow the convoluted reasoning of the intellectuals at the University of Oregon as they try to hide their prejudice and racism under the guise of just helping others. Gag!

When senior Stephanie Ramey tried to sign up online for Math 243 Calculus for Business and Social Science for spring term she was denied access and informed she would have to contact the class professor.

The professor asked her to contact the Office of Multicultural Academic Support about enrolling in his class.

A staff member at the office said she couldn't register for the class because she doesn't identify as a minority, Ramey said.

Ramey, who tried to get into the section because it was the only one available, was told that if she wanted to be in the class, she'd have to show up at 7:45 a.m. Monday, the first day of classes, and meet with an adviser before she could enroll, she said.

"I guess I was just really surprised and irritated because I thought I had a right to get into the class too. ... I guess I felt a little bit discriminated against," Ramey said. "For a sophomore math class, I shouldn't have to wait just because I'm white."

The whole article is available at the University of Oregon's independent campus newspaper, the Oregon Daily Emerald.

2 comments:

KC said...

It's not racism if youre white or christian. The new Minorities.

BobG said...

I'm afraid so, KC, but read my later post on the same subject. Hope springs eternal.