Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jimmy Carter Escapes From Home Again

Jimmy Carter said Tuesday that Joe Wilson's outburst to President Barack Obama during a speech to Congress last week was an act "based on racism" and rooted in fears of a black president. How Jimmy knows this remains unexplained, but my guess would be he's projecting his own deep rooted antisemitism on others and calling them racists.

"I think it's based on racism," Carter said in response to an audience question at a town hall held at his presidential center in Atlanta. "There is an inherent feeling among many in this country that an African-American should not be president."

There is an inherent belief among many in this country that Jimmy Carter should not have been president. There is also an inherent belief in this country that the worst president in modern times is Jimmy Carter and it would be nice if he stayed in the home and kept his mouth shut.

Meanwhile, Wilson's spokesman was not immediately available for comment, but his eldest son defended his father.

"There is not a racist bone in my dad's body," said Alan Wilson, an Iraq veteran who is running for state attorney general. "He doesn't even laugh at distasteful jokes. I won't comment on former President Carter, because I don't know President Carter. But I know my dad, and it's just not in him."

No comments: