Sunday, July 17, 2005

What's In A Name?

This is the only way to keep the fox out of the henhouse. We all need to take note.


A 3ft rooster fought off a fox after it broke into his coop.

Rooster Cogburn made sure the fox did not come near his hens reports the Daily Express.

Owner Tim Stone from Shepton Mallet, Somerset said: "I was asleep when I heard a huge commotion. I went outside to see what it was all about and saw fur and feathers everywhere. There was a yelp and I saw the fox limping off. The rooster was strutting around like a boxer after a fight and crowing like mad.

"He didn't have a scratch on him so I can only imagine he beat the fox within an inch of his life. I don't think he'll be coming back."

The bird was named Rooster Coburn after John Wayne's sheriff character in the film True Grit.

From Ananova.

No comments: