Saturday, June 04, 2005

John Kerry Reads the Word, Again

During an interview with the Boston Globe, John Kerry made the following telling statement.

Asked about the impact of religion, he said that he reread the New Testament since the election to make sure ''I didn't miss anything" and recalled that on the campaign trail ''I gave a very strong speech about values and how you measure these things."

Kerry has not missed "anything", he's missed everything. The very fact that he thinks you can glean all you need to by one or two readings of the New Testament shows the man's woeful ignorance. His statement about giving a strong speech on how you measure things indicates his enormous ego.
Those who take the Word seriously will tell you every reading of scripture brings a new depth of undertsanding. Of course, that kind of reading involves prayer, meditation and humility in order for God to work in our hearts and minds.
It would be helpful not just for Mr. Kerry but for us all to spend some quality time with the entire bible. The Old and New Testaments are inextricably woven and great lessons abound in both.
As Micah, the prophet, said, "And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)







4 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey Bob, sorry I haven't been by, the whole Cotillion thing was very consuming for a few days. There is not a word to describe the vast size of Kerry ego; after the election it became apparent that he has quite a problem with it. I know for me personally, everytime I open my bible I feel unworthy to be there. Just last Wednesday night at church I felt as if I were crawling out on my spiritual hands and knees. Mr. Kerry needs to "Be still and know that he's not God".

BobG said...

Wow, Stacy, I wish I had said that. I know that everytime I have properly studied scripture I have grown from the experience.

loboinok said...

Excellent post! Kerry is such a loser!

loboinok said...

I've got news up at my site that you need to see ASAP!