Thursday, June 16, 2005

Oprah In Need Of Another Accent

I am so tired of people disrespecting this country. Oprah is not an American, she's a Zulu! If Ms. Winfrey would rather have been born in South Africa, she certainly has the money to move there. Go and God bless.
I wonder if she thinks she would have reached the same superstar status had she grown up somewhere other than the USA. But, apparently what's really important is how you sound, so Oprah you go and cultivate that accent. Nothing shallow about you lady!


DNA experts have questioned Oprah Winfrey's belief that she is a member of South Africa's Zulu nation.

The African-American chat-show host announced during a recent visit to South Africa that she had had a DNA test that had shown her to be a Zulu.

She also told South Africans she felt "at home" in the country.

"I went in search of my roots and had my DNA tested, and I am a Zulu," Ms Winfrey said at a seminar in Johannesburg last week.

"I'm crazy about the South African accent," she said. "I wish I had been born here."

From BBC NEWS.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I have never seen a complete episode of Oprah. Her ideaology always left me diving for the remote. Why can't African-Americans be appreciative of what this country has given them? My Apache Indian husband is thankful that this land became a democracy.

BobG said...

Everyone should be appreciative. I remember my Irish immigrant grandfather was proud to become an American and respected the fact he and his descendants would have opportunities Ireland could never give them. Employment was an important one.