Today's the Day! Stacy at NotADesperateHousewife take heed!
United Poultry Concerns Proudly Announces
International Respect for Chickens Day
Wednesday May 4, 2005
"They would rather die for their chicks than seek safety in flight . . ."
Aldrovandi – 16th century
Chickens are cheerful, intelligent birds. The mother hen tenderly cares for her chicks, and roosters protect their families and flocks.
Please do an ACTION for chickens on May 4. Show the world that chickens are people too! Ideas:
- Write a letter/op-ed to the editor
- Get on a radio talk show
- Table at your local mall
- Arrange a library display/video presentation
- Have a Respect for Chickens Day celebration at your school
- Leaflet at a busy street corner/ your local university
- Have a We-Don’t-Eat-Our-Feathered-Friends Vegan Party!
- Show Chicken Run!!!