Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Funny

The ACLU had an opening for a staff attorney. After perusing hundreds of resumes and conducting many interviews, the director had reduced the pool of qualified candidates to Jerry and Ben. Both had graduated magna cum laude from pretigious law schools and both had impressive resumes and were extremely well spoken. The director took each one aside and asked, "Why did you become a lawyer?"

In a matter of seconds, he chose Ben.

Baffled, Jerry waited until he could talk to Ben alone.

"I don't understand why I was rejected. When I was asked why I became a lawyer, I said that I had the greatest respect for the law, that I'd lay down my life for the Constitution and that all I wanted to do was what was right and ethical . What in the world did you tell him?"

"I said I became a lawyer because of my hands," Ben replied.

"Your hands? What do you mean?"

"Well, I took a look one day and there wasn't any money in either one of them!"

No comments: