Monday, March 14, 2005

American Citizen or Not ?

Good article at the Washington Times regarding citizenship. Here's part of it.
Every person who becomes a U.S. citizen must take our standard oath of allegiance. This requirement is ancient, going back to the very beginnings of our country. Its antique language is redolent of old verities. It is intended to be a solemn act, a rebirth as awesome as childbirth.
The oath begins: "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;" and ends: "I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

This negates dual citizenship in my book and it's about time we took it to heart.

No comments: