Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Devil's In The Details

Satan appeared in the office of the Executive Director of the ACLU.

"I have been watching you and your organization and have been most interested in your work," said the devil.

" And though you have accomplished much, there is still more that could be done. With my direct intervention, you could be successful in all your cases. In no time at all, we could destroy religion completely in America and along with it the family and the social order. Anarchy and chaos would reign and atheism would be the state religion.

As for you, I would see to it that you live well past one hundred in excellent health and your income would grow ten fold. Any earthly pleasure, no matter how perverse, would be yours for the asking. I would strike down your enemies in the must brutal and ruthless means your mind could devise.

Doing this, however, would require you to give me your immortal soul and help me win the souls of your family. You would all burn in hell while worshiping me for eternity. What say you Mr. Director?"

Pale and shaken, the Director, pulled himself together and thought intently while he stared at Satan. Then with a smirk he replied, "So what's the catch?"

Trackback at Stop the ACLU.

No comments: